Friday, April 15, 2011
Sitting in a tree
Had a cool discussion with a colleague yesterday about people being human doers instead of human beings. I am on a retreat today --up in a tree at the moment overlooking the ocean. I was given a few questions to ponder and a camera, a journal and an hour. I am so out of practice at being a human being. What a gift to not be a doer for the day. And then the irony that I am making a blog post with my cell phone. Is that okay? Am I doing if right? That is how it goes in class (and life) too, right? You have tasks, assignments, spoken and unspoken expectations then you head out to make meaning. So here I am, in a beautiful tree making myself some meaning. And being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's okay. You're doing it right. Is is what is.
Be well.
- B
Thanks for the validation! It was such a cool experience, thanks again!
Post a Comment