Thursday, June 2, 2011

End of year. . . beginning of year. . .

The last week of the "regular" school year is bound to feel a little full for those of us involved with summer school!  It has been such a great year, with so many exciting changes and opportunities.  One of the most exciting projects that is on my plate is working with the emerging Global Online Academy this coming year.  The GOA is a collaborative project between ten independent schools from all over the US and the world.  I am going to be teaching a Spanish course as part of the pilot year offerings. 

This project has me thinking hard about how to translate what we do well in our school (and those things for which independent schools are often thought to do well-- and what are those?!) into an exclusively on-line environment.  I will be working with an amazing cohort of teachers at my school who will also be involved in planning and designing courses to offer over the next year or so.  We are all starting to look at these questions and I just can't wait to see how much we all learn over the course of this year!  And, I am thrilled to have the chance to be a part of such an exciting project that is already sparking discussions and interest. 

No comments: