
In going through the interview processes there are a few things I've learned from the fantastic people I have met. I want to remember should I have the opportunity to hire people.
1) Honoring people's time and being transparent in terms of the process and time-line is so important.
2) Getting to know people involves more than asking questions about what they are like as a teacher, but hopefully, that is a very clear window into who they are.
3) Every interview is an opportunity to learn about another school, and the diversity of view points and ways of going about things that are out there.
4) Diversity of opinions make a school strong. There is a fine line between everyone saying the exact same thing and a place being cohesive while welcoming dissenting thinking and pushing itself to grow.
5) In the end (I imagine), the place that will make you the most happy is the place where you feel like people know who you are and want to provide you with appropriate challenges.
6) You can learn the most about a school by talking to, observing or teaching the students.
No comments:
Post a Comment