This fall is full of exciting challenges for me. I am taking two classes for my work at UH and I am also participating in a Flat Classroom Certified Teacher Class.
One class is ETEC 622, which is course about theory of eLearning. It has been really useful so far as it is a nice mix of theory and practical applications. This group is pretty active on twitter with the hashtag #fa622. It is an online class that has asynchronous meetings every other week on Black Board Collaborate.
The other class is about Instructional Design, ETEC 600. In this class I am one of four doctoral students and we have a special task-- to learn the content of the course (introductory instructional design, mostly through case studies) and also to create a project-based/ challenge-based module that will replace the first half of the class for other grad students taking the class in the future. So for this group we have the class meetings and our project group meetings.
The Flat Classroom teacher class is another thing that I am doing to explore the framework as a possibility for how we look at implementing global education at our school. This group has participants from all over the world. We use a variety of tools, including a ning, a wikispace, timebridge for planning the meetings and BBC for the regular synchronous meetings.
I'm still working getting into grove with all of this-- but I'm learning lots!
No comments:
Post a Comment